The Daemon Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daemon Movement

Through these halls walk those who have chosen a different path from the world. Together, through their hearts, a movement has begun...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Daemon Movement!
Here we are just like a family and support each other accordingly!
Please respect one another as much as possible!
Be sure to read the rules of the forum and of each RP before doing anything! Once read, please do your best to follow them
Please feel free to take part in the RP's we have
NEW!!!!!! TEKKEN AND MEGAMAN RP HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! JOIN TODAY!!!!!
Team Daemon makes its home here as well! If you wish to join the team, see an Admin for details!

Gail Entrance Exam

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Gail was once again on the back of his Eagle from back home and flew his way over to the Wicken academy island. He landed in a deserted area and crept around the building outside to find a way in. His eagle returned to a card and back into Gail's deck. He didnt need everyone seeing a full grown eagle following him around. He entered the building but it wasnt long until he was found by a teacher.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing here?!"

Gail stopped and turned around to see a tall built man looking at him. How was it he was found out so quickly out of all of the students? That thought soon stopped as the school bell rang and the students came out their classes all in uniforms. A blank expression on his face that instantly said '....Really?...' appeared. The man grabbed Gail's arm and began to drag him away.

"You're going to be late for examinations!"

"Huh? what? examinations?"

Gail got an idea to just roll with what was going on and maybe he could do what he needed to without sneaking around like he was going to. He just walked along side the Teacher tot he examination Hall. He stood in a line with the other examinees and waited to begin his enrollment into wicken academy.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Gail was eventually motioned to sit down at a desk,l and a man in a green uniform approached a pedestal.

"Welcome to Wicken Academy, Applicants. My name is Julius Kuran, and I'm the head professor of Dreadroot green. We've have had a few difficulties recently but now I can safely say that we are finally in commission again, and can resume enrolling new members into our academy. Each of you will be asked to take two exams; a written one, and a examination duel. By the way, we have a special announcement for those people who passed their duels, so do stick around even after you're assigned to your dorm room."
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/nothost
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Looked to the examiner and continued to go along with everything. He nodded to what he said and just waited for the examination to officially begin. He loojked around and started to think to himself.

"This... is where my mom was... these are the walls my mom was in.."

His mind began to focus in on the announcement that was soon to come. Had he missed something coming here? Whatever it was, it was important that he won his duel. He needed to know as much as he could. He looked at his pocket to see his deck buldging from his pocket and was ready to finally unleash what he could. He laid back in his chair looking around to the other examinees and saw what he was up against to achieve what he needed.

"Mother... i don't know what you hid here, but i have to find it. please forgive me."

Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:24 pm

"Let the essay begin!" The essay was passed out to everyone. The questions as are follows:

1. Player A activates Royal Decree. Player B activates dust tornado in response and destroys Royal Decree. Is there anything wrong with this senario?

2. What are the 4 types of Limitation Texts that can be found on certain cards?

3. What is the 3 card rule? And how does it apply to Harpie Ladies?

4. What are the 3 types of toon monsters? Provide examples of each.

5. What is an anti-meta deck? Give an example.

6. What is a fusion substitute monster? Give an example.

7. Player A activates giant trunade. Player B chains with a mystical space typhoon, Player A activates a Chain summoning. Is this scenario correct? Explain.

8. What is timing? What is missing the timing? Explain.

9. What are the ways you can win without your opponent losing all of their life?

10. How many types of monsters are there?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

True/False.

1. There is a type of field spell known as a Field Trap.

2. Match Winners are a special type of card that are only given out to tournament winners.

3. "Virus" cards are a form of a sub-class of trap cards.

4. The effect of "Snowman Eater" is activated if it's flipped up with "Swords of Revealing Light"

5. 16 cards is the absolute limit an extra deck can have.

6. You can negate the effect of "Magical Dimension" with "Stardust Dragon."

7. The effect of "Black Rose Dragon" cannot be stopped by bottomless trap hole.

8. There are 3 types of monster effects.

9. The Polar Gods are Divine Beasts.

10. There are 4 types of trap cards.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Essay Question:

Most of the time the game remains the same. ALthough with certain releases of packs, new mechanics are put into place. The most recent addition to date was the Synchro monsters.
Industrial Illusions is going to release a new type of monster known as the "XYZ" monsters soon, a type of monster that will exist in the extra decks. How do you think this will effect the game in the future?
Write at least one Paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 pm

1. Dust tornado is not a counter trap or negates royal decrees effect, so it's effect cannot work over royal decree

2. Not usable in tournaments. not usable in a duel. not an official card. (dunno the last one)

3. you can have a maximum of 3 of the same card in your deck unless there are limitations set on it. With harpy ladies, cards that say "this card is treated as harpie lady" does not make the car harpy lady until it is used, instead of just being put in the deck.

4. type A, type B, type C. A- Toon blue eyes, (dunno b and c)

5. A deck used to counter meta decks. Like decks that remove from play a lot

6. a monster that takes the place of a fusion cost. like the dark - hex-sealed fusion

7. Yes. although mystical space typhoon does not negate giant trunades effect, it is still part of the chain, leaving chain summoning to be activated normally. at the end though, all spells and traps will still be retuned to hands

8. Timing is when theres a certain time you can use an effect. Missing the timing is when the situation to use the effect is gone.

9. They surrender, they deck out

10. 6
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

True/False.

1. False

2. False

3. False

4. True

5. False

6. True

7. True

8. False

9. False

10. False
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Essay Question:

Power and strategy are two key components of playing yugioh. Cards within the extra deck suck as Synchros and Xyz monsters are the products of those abilities. These two work very differently in their summoning and their effect styles. Xyz monsters will change future duels by making duelists think in a new way. Decks will have to be changed in terms of getting certain monsters. In todays yugioh, getting a tuner and synchro material together is the strategy for higher powers. With Xyz's the conditions to getting monsters will change, to Stars. Instead of getting a type of monster, which is somewhat broad, stars of monsters are now a target. Current cards and decks cannot accomidate such needs and will lead to the creation of new cards, and construction of new decks.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Shortly after the test was picked up, Gail was directed to go to dueling arena number 5, where a girl with long blond hair and a grey coat with a picture of a Amber monster on the back of it was waiting for him. When she saw Gail approaching, she smiled and bowed.

"Hello there. My name is Lunder Linda Skye, and I am your examiner today."
She stood but straight again and activated a duel disk and a yellow body and a lightning bolt on it. "I'm ready when you are."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 pm

He looked across from him to see the girl that was waiting to duel him. He had dueled with this deck countless times.. well.. except for that last creature he came in contact with. He tok out his deck from his pocket and placed it inside a duel disk. He raised it to the girl and smiled. His mother had raised him to have respect for girls, if nothing else. He bowed towards her and quickly raised his head again.

"My Name Is Gail Kazama! It's a pleasure to meet you."

He grinned at the girl as the duel field had been set up. The duel had begun

(8000/8000)

Battle Theme: Lust Sin -Debut of Gail's Theme Song- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbVcYQM_dhY
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 am

"I guess.. i go first?" Gail draws his opening 6 cards. "Ok, let's see what we can do here.." Gail Sets a monster in defence position and one card in his spell and trap zone. "Let's see where it goes from here" He then signals the end of his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm

color=yellow]"My turn, I draw!"[/color] Lunder sounded so enthusiastic and cheerful.

I'll summon Koaki' Meru Gravi-Rose and attack your facedown monster with it.

"I activate dimensional prison! This card removes your monster from play when it attacks.

"My plant.... I set 4 cards facedown and end my turn." Lunder looked a little sad when her monster was removed from the field, but soon her face brightened up again.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Gail Draws. "It's all a process, all a process.." He Sets another monster in defence position and ends his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:28 pm

My turn. I guess I'll draw now. "I'll activate seed cannon. When a plant-type monster is summoned, this one gets a counter. The max amount of counters it can have is 5. As for what those counters do, you'll find out later. I summon Rose Bird in attack mode, putting one counter on my Seed Cannon. I'll attack the first facedown monster you have."

The monster you attacked was Crystal Beast Emerald Tortiose, and it has 2000 defense." (Lunder, 7800)

Lunder frowned at the loss of life for a second, but then got her cheerful disposition back right away.

I'll end my turn with that move. Now come at me with everything you've got." Lunder giggled cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Gail draws his next card, with hopes he can finally take action in the duel. He Activates Giant Trunade, sending all the spell/trap cards on the field back to the owner's hand. "Honestly.. i don't trust anything you may have facedown there" He Then activates Ancient city, rainbow ruins. "Alright, let's step this up a bit" Gail Flips up Super Mega-hamster, "I special summon 1 monster into facedown defence position" He looks though his deck and makes a terrible realization. he barely has any monster to meet that requirement. Just 2. His deck was sloppy now that he realized it. Things were not going to go well, this was a new place. And he would definatly have to step up to make it here. He places the monster and ends his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm

"I'll draw now. I'll activate seed cannon, set 3 cards, and end my turn. Your move." She smiled warmly at Gail.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Gail draws and is beginning to doubt himself. He needed to take some action, and he wasn't getting the means to do something just yet. He Sacrifices his hamster to summon Crystal Beast Moonstone Serpent. Lunder activates DNA Surgery in response, which changes his monsters into plant types, which places one counter on Seed Cannon. "Better now than later.. Attack!" Moonstone attacks rose bird, which allows Lunder to summon two nettels from the deck. one in attack, and one in defense mode. Another counter is added to Seed Cannon. Lunders life points were reduced to 7600. At his main phase 2, Gail Uses Emerald turtle to switch Serpent into defense mode and end his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 pm

"My move, I draw! I'll put nettles into defense mode and end my turn."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Gail draws his next card. He looks at the field and tries to figure a way to take advantage of it. He decides to Summon crystal beast amber mammoth and then switches Serpent into attack mode finally, he and flips up Amethyst cat. "Alright! Full on attack. Starting with Amythyst!" Attacks With Cat.

"Nice try, but i activate wall of thorns!"

Wall of thorns destroys Mammoth, Serpent, and Cat placeing them in the spell/trap zone. "Damn... that was way to big a set back..." He ends his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 pm

"My turn, I draw!" Lunder smiled warmly at Gail.

"Don't feel too bad about that. Everyone makes mistakes, expecially when they're still learning the game. Thanks to you summoning all of those monsters, my Seed Cannon has 4 counters. I activate Black Garden!"

"I activate the effect of Ancient City, Rainbow Ruins. By tributeing my monster, I can negate that card's activation and destroy it."

Lunder frowned. "I really hate to point these kind of things out, but you just made a big mistake right there. You no longer have a monster there to guard you from my attacks. I'll summon Naturia Cosmobeet, placing the 5th counter on my Seed Cannon. I activate Seed Cannon's effect! I send it to the graveyard to inflict 500 damage to you for each counter on it. That's 2500 damage." (Gail, 5500).

"Next I'll attack you directly with all of my monsters."

"I activate mirror force, destroying all of your monsters!"

"I won't let you hurt my monsters! I activate solemn judgment. By paying half of my life points, I can negate your card and destroy it. Now then, continue the attack, my monsters." (lunder, 3800)
I activate the effect of my field. Once per turn, I can half any battle damage done to me. I half the damage from one of your nettles, so I only take 600 points of damage from that attack." (life, 2600).

"I'll set one card and end my turn." Lunder realized that this guy had a lot to learn. But that was alright; that's what people came to this academy for right? It didn't matter if they were weak were strong; to Lunder, everyone deserved the same amount of respect, as long as they were kind.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Gail draws and gains a little bit of survival for the duel. He Summons Seismic crusher and attacks Naturia Cosmobeat, reducing Lunder's Life Points to 3400. "I still have a little fight left!" He then ends his turn.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 pm

"I'll draw. I switch Nettles to defense mode and end my turn."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Gail draws one card and looks at the field with a blank expression. he's just staying alive at this point, which he doesnt like. He directs crushed towards his oppnent's Nettles and destroys it. He then ends his turn
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

"My turn, I draw." She looks at her hand.

"I'm sorry, but I have to block you off now. I summon Twilight Rose Knight, which summons puppet plant in defense mode. Since DNA surgury is on the field, all monsters are plants, and you cannot select any plant-type monsters as attack targets while Twilight Rose Knight is on the field. "I'll set one card and end." She felt bad for this student; he was probably going to lose now. She could only hope that he passed the written exam. Otherwise, he wouldn't be accepted into the school.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Gail looks onto the field to see a scene on his inevitable destruction. He really couldn't handle such a thing. Was his mother able to? And this is just a test deck they use, it's embarressing. He came here for his mother's past, but maybe this school was what he needed to become a greater duelist. He Summons an Amber Mammoth. And uses Call of the Haunted to bring back Emerald Turtle. "I'm not going to fall so easily"
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Lunder smiles That's the spirit! My turn, I draw!"

"First I tune puppet plant with nettles to summon Ally of Justice Catastor. Then I summon Botanical Lion. For each plant-type monster on the field, it gains 300 attack. That puts it's attack points at 2500. Botanical Lion attacks your turtle."

"I activate the effect of my field, so that I only take half the battle damage." (Gail, 1650)

"I'll end my turn with that."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Gail is faced with an impossible situation and looks through every possibility of the situation. He cant destroy his own monster due to his plants in a barrier. He just decides to accept the duel as it is. Lost. He Activates crystal release, increasing mammoth's attack by 800. He signaled the end of his turn, therefore, the end of the duel.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm

"My turn, I draw. I summon Rose Bird, increasing the attack of my lion by 300. I attack your mammoth with Catastor, and he destroys it with his effect. I will then attack you direc[ly with the rest of my monsters." (Gail, 0) Lunder bows to him again. Then she walks over to him and shakes his hand.

"Good game. Hopefully you'll at least do better on the written exam. Go up there and wait for your name to be called. If it isn't called... well..... I hope it gets called."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gail Entrance Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gail Entrance Exam   Gail Entrance Exam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gail Entrance Exam
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next