The Daemon Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daemon Movement

Through these halls walk those who have chosen a different path from the world. Together, through their hearts, a movement has begun...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Daemon Movement!
Here we are just like a family and support each other accordingly!
Please respect one another as much as possible!
Be sure to read the rules of the forum and of each RP before doing anything! Once read, please do your best to follow them
Please feel free to take part in the RP's we have
NEW!!!!!! TEKKEN AND MEGAMAN RP HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! JOIN TODAY!!!!!
Team Daemon makes its home here as well! If you wish to join the team, see an Admin for details!

Fall Entrance Examinations #1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nothost

Nothost

Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Empty
PostSubject: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

It was a busy day at the testing building. The exams were taking place in a huge room with many cubicles. A dueling arena was located below this area; you could view it well from this floor. People were dueling in that arena. A line of people lead to a counter, at which people were receiving test forms. After getting their tests, they went to one of the cubicles, waiting for something.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/nothost
Verloren

Verloren

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Risa nervously headed toward the cubicles, having just received her test. A chance to get into a higher class school wasn't something she could really pass up, especially in her current situation... But that wasn't important. All that mattered now was that she do this, and do it well. Daintily taking her seat, she put the test face down as they had instructed her, waiting for the instruction to flip them over and begin. The minutes that went by as she waited for the others to get their tests seemed to drag on forever, as such time waiting with nothing to do tends to for people with little patience or temperance. After what felt to her like an eternity, she finally heard a call from the exam proctor.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

A Tall, thin, dark-skinned man wearing a dark green overcoat stepped to the front of the room and raised a microphone.

"Welcome to Wicken Academy, Applicants. My name is Julius Kuran, and I'm the head professor of Dreadroot green You all have a shot getting into one of the best duel monsters academies in the world! You will be taking two exams today: A written exam, and a examination duel. You have to pass both in order to get into the academy. I wish you all the best of luck. Begin!"
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

The test was as follows:

Straight Answers

1. Player A has a Flamvell Firedog on the field, and 2 facedowns. Player B has Yellow Gadget, and one face-up royal oppression. Player A attacks yellow gadget, doing 700 points of damage to the opponent, and summoning flamvell magician. Player B Summons Tragodia from his hand. Player A pays 800 life to negate the summon. Player A ends his turn. Is there anything wrong with the senario? If so, explain your reasoning.

2. Can Gemini monsters be used with "Heart of the Underdog"? Why or why not?

3. What type of card does "Card Crush Virus" go under?

4. How many different attributes are there?

5. What cards are shared by you and your partner in a tag duel? What happens if one person decks out?

6. Why is it recommended that a player keeps the amount of cards in their deck at around 40? List examples on why this is recommended.

7. It is December 23rd, 2009. Player A summons Brionac. Player B uses bottomless trap hole. Brio is removed without its effect activating. Is there anything wrong with this senario? If so, explain.

8. Player A activates Gambling during his opponents turn, and his opponent activates 1 mst in response, putting her hand at 5. Does gambing still go off? Explain your reasoning.

9. What is the stack of 15 cards you can carry around with you that allows you to put cards from it into your main deck at certain times?

10. What is the difference between a lockdown and a stall deck? Provide examples.

True/False

11. "Counter-Counter" is speed spell 3

12. "Name of a Friend" is classified as a spell monster.

13. Priority doesn't exist anymore.

14. There are 6 types of spell cards.

15. It takes 20 turns for someone to win with final countdown.

16. Victory Dragon is a match winner that can used in tournament play.

17. Divine Wrath can negate cards during the damage step, like Gorz.

18. A Level 9 and above monster requires 3 tributes.

19. 60 cards is the maximum amount of cards you can have in a deck.
_______________________________________________________________________-

Essay question:

20. Throughout the years, the meta has changed conciderably. With the introduction of cards like Gladiator Beasts
and synchro monsters, the style of play has been altered. Explain the differences between competative decks that existed during the first banlist,
and the decks that exist in todays banlist. Why were some cards, such as Jinzo, limited at one point and then unlimited? In contrast, why have cards that were at 3 once
limited or banned when new sets came out? Write at least 2 paragraphs.

Back to top Go down
Verloren

Verloren

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 am

She flips over her paper, and scans the questions. Rushing into it, Risa smiles at what she thinks is one of the easiest tests she's ever seen.

"Mm..." The first answer gains a quick scribble of 'They didn't attack with Flamvell Magician.' The second 'Because they're effect monsters in hand and deck.' It's quickly followed up with 'Banned Cards' for the answer of #3. She briefly pauses to count out the attributes, before writing it down as 6. The fifth question stops her cold, though. Deciding she'll come back to it later, Risa moves on... and quickly forgets she didn't answer it. #6 is scribbled down as "Because you draw things faster and because it's more consistent. You're more likely to get the cards you want." The next question is a simple 'No'.

The girl pauses on the next one, before finally writing down. "Yes, because it's an activation condition, and it was already activated, not a cost."

'Side deck'. She writes simply, before looking at the last one. "Lockdown makes your opponent not do things, Stall makes what your opponent does not matter. Lockdown is like Naturia, while Stall is like Defense Rocks." Giving a sigh as she finishes the question, having struggled more than a bit with how to word it, she looks at the next segment.

'True. False. True.' She then counts on her fingers - Normal, Equip, Continuous, Ritual, Field... and then writes down a false. True, false, true, true, true.' Feeling confident at her knowledge of the true false questions, she then looks at the Essay question... and blanches considerably. She hadn't been keeping up on the metagame - in fact, she had never played anything other than casually. Only having one sentence to put there, she feels a bit guilty and writes

"Because new cards increase and decrease the strength of old cards due to new combinations."
"That's really all I know about that. Sorry!"

It fit the two paragraphs, as it was about two separate subjects and so could be considered a paragraph each, and gave the extent of her knowledge about it... not having much left to do, she simply decides she's finished and turns the test back over to wait for when the exam was over.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 am

After about 1 hour later, Julius Kuran stepped in front of the microphone again.

"Stop where you are. The examiners will now pickup your papers." a few people went around, picking up the papers, including Risas.

"And now, we will start calling out the names for..." Suddenly a few people dressed in grey coats with what appeared to be a picture of two Amber handcuffs on the back faceing upwards and downwards, forming a oval. One of them had a picture of the face of a yugioh monster. Julius looked at the note and frowned.

"This is ridiculous... is there no end to his treachery?" He muttered into the microphone. Everyone was looking in their direction now. Julius spoke into the microphone again.

"Sorry for that interruption. When your name is called, take your place on the dueling arena. 20 people at a time will be able to take the dueling portion of the test. The first person is Risa, go to dueling arena number 1."

The guy with the monster design on the back of his grey jacket grinned at Risa, then he made his way down to the dueling arena.
Back to top Go down
Verloren

Verloren

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Feeling suddenly on the spot, she gets up and heads toward the arena, shifting nervously.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm

The guy in the grey coat went up to the other side of the arena and grinned.

"My name is Konran, and I'll be your duel examiner today. Now let's get this show on the road. Duel!" (8000, 8000)

"I'll start, draw!" Konran looks at his hand. "I think I'll start activating Seed cannon. This card gets 1 counter everytime a plant type monster is summoned. What do these counters do? Who knows? I summon Botanical Lion, which gives my card 1 counter. Then I activate black garden, and I end my turn."

A boy in a grey coat and brown hair was watching the battle from above. His left eye was hazel and his right eye was blue.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm

(I apologize for this. Veloren is coming back to RP soon, and I kinda lost the record for this duel somehow. I've good at keeping track of the rest of them [I've even got a folder set up], but somehow..... Oh well. I suppose I'll just have to make the next post after the duel.)

Konran's life points, 0.

"Tech, I wish they would let us duel using our normal decks. I would not have lost if I had used my real deck I would not have lost. Using plants isn't as easy as Selina makes it look." Konran grinned at Risa.

"Go to the reception area and pick up your dueling uniform. Welcome to the Academy, Witch." Konran laughed as he walked off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall Entrance Examinations #1    Fall Entrance Examinations #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall Entrance Examinations #1
Page 1 of 1