The Daemon Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daemon Movement

Through these halls walk those who have chosen a different path from the world. Together, through their hearts, a movement has begun...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Daemon Movement!
Here we are just like a family and support each other accordingly!
Please respect one another as much as possible!
Be sure to read the rules of the forum and of each RP before doing anything! Once read, please do your best to follow them
Please feel free to take part in the RP's we have
NEW!!!!!! TEKKEN AND MEGAMAN RP HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! JOIN TODAY!!!!!
Team Daemon makes its home here as well! If you wish to join the team, see an Admin for details!

"Fall Examinations 2"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saix

Saix

"Fall Examinations 2" Empty
PostSubject: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:38 pm

After arriving to the Wicken Academy island he immediately heads to the location mentioned on his torn piece of paper that he has carried all this way. Once he arrived at that place he entered a room filled with many aspiring duelists like himself. He looked around to see that there was also a dueling grounds. It seemed your dueling skills was part of your entrance, obviously. He had went over to the area designated as the first part of entrance, the written exam
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm

A Tall, thin, dark-skinned man wearing a dark green overcoat stepped to the front of the room and raised a microphone.

"Welcome to Wicken Academy, Applicants. My name is Julius Kuran, and I'm the head professor of Dreadroot green You all have a shot getting into one of the best duel monsters academies in the world! You will be taking two exams today: A written exam, and a examination duel. You have to pass both in order to get into the academy. I wish you all the best of luck. Begin!"
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/nothost
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm

The test was as follows:

Straight Answers

1. Player A has a Flamvell Firedog on the field, and 2 facedowns. Player B has Yellow Gadget, and one face-up royal oppression. Player A attacks yellow gadget, doing 700 points of damage to the opponent, and summoning flamvell magician. Player B Summons Tragodia from his hand. Player A pays 800 life to negate the summon. Player A ends his turn. Is there anything wrong with the senario? If so, explain your reasoning.

2. Can Gemini monsters be used with "Heart of the Underdog"? Why or why not?

3. What type of card does "Card Crush Virus" go under?

4. How many different attributes are there?

5. What cards are shared by you and your partner in a tag duel? What happens if one person decks out?

6. Why is it recommended that a player keeps the amount of cards in their deck at around 40? List examples on why this is recommended.

7. It is December 23rd, 2009. Player A summons Brionac. Player B uses bottomless trap hole. Brio is removed without its effect activating. Is there anything wrong with this senario? If so, explain.

8. Player A activates Gambling during his opponents turn, and his opponent activates 1 mst in response, putting her hand at 5. Does gambing still go off? Explain your reasoning.

9. What is the stack of 15 cards you can carry around with you that allows you to put cards from it into your main deck at certain times?

10. What is the difference between a lockdown and a stall deck? Provide examples.

True/False

11. "Counter-Counter" is speed spell 3

12. "Name of a Friend" is classified as a spell monster.

13. Priority doesn't exist anymore.

14. There are 6 types of spell cards.

15. It takes 20 turns for someone to win with final countdown.

16. Victory Dragon is a match winner that can used in tournament play.

17. Divine Wrath can negate cards during the damage step, like Gorz.

18. A Level 9 and above monster requires 3 tributes.

19. 60 cards is the maximum amount of cards you can have in a deck.
_______________________________________________________________________-

Essay question:

20. Throughout the years, the meta has changed conciderably. With the introduction of cards like Gladiator Beasts
and synchro monsters, the style of play has been altered. Explain the differences between competative decks that existed during the first banlist,
and the decks that exist in todays banlist. Why were some cards, such as Jinzo, limited at one point and then unlimited? In contrast, why have cards that were at 3 once
limited or banned when new sets came out? Write at least 2 paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 pm

He looked down at his paper and saw his destiny able to unfold in front of his eyes. he was an extreme slacker, but held an ability of the darkness, to manipulate anything into his favor and come out on the right side. He ran through his mind once, and nce only. He then readied his pencil and engaged the test.

1. Nothing was really done wrong, but Player B made a bad move in not negating Magician's summoning, and Player A should have attacked with Magician, because it was still the battle phase.

2. Can Gemini monsters be used with "Heart of the Underdog"? No, gemini monsters have effects. underdog only works with normal monsters

3. What type of card does "Card Crush Virus" go under? Trap

4. How many different attributes are there? 6

5. What cards are shared by you and your partner in a tag duel? Your Hands. if one person decks out, the duel continues.

6. Why is it recommended that a player keeps the amount of cards in their deck at around 40? So they get the cards they need fast and when they need them. Like exodia users, they need to get the pieces fast.

7. It is December 23rd, 2009. Player A summons Brionac. Player B uses bottomless trap hole. Brio is removed without its effect activating. Is there anything wrong with this senario? There is nothing wrong, because bronic's effect does not activate when it's summoned

8. Player A activates Gambling during his opponents turn, and his opponent activates 1 mst in response, putting her hand at 5. Does gambing still go off? No, because even though MST will not negate the effect of gamble, after it's effect resolves, gamble will not have 6 cards in opponents hand to work with.

9. What is the stack of 15 cards you can carry around with you that allows you to put cards from it into your main deck at certain times? Your side deck

10. What is the difference between a lockdown and a stall deck? A lockdown prevents the opponent from doing anything. a stall drags out the duel until the opponent runs out of cards. A stall example could be ice barriers, and a lockdown could be decks centered around Horus lvl 8 which prevents a lot of movement.

True/False

11. "Counter-Counter" is speed spell 3 True

12. "Name of a Friend" is classified as a spell monster. False

13. Priority doesn't exist anymore. False

14. There are 6 types of spell cards. True

15. It takes 20 turns for someone to win with final countdown. False

16. Victory Dragon is a match winner that can used in tournament play. False

17. Divine Wrath can negate cards during the damage step, like Gorz. True

18. A Level 9 and above monster requires 3 tributes. False

19. 60 cards is the maximum amount of cards you can have in a deck. False
_______________________________________________________________________-

Essay question:
Yu-gi-oh is as diverse as there are colors in the rainbow. With more and more generations of new minds, new decks come with them. From the earliest ages of yu-gi-oh, cards were not very diverse, and worked in an extremely straight forward way. As new intellgence and ideas change us as humans, it changes what we affiliate with: yu-gi-oh. Meta decks is a title given to the decks that take the thinking and actions of yu-gi-oh to a new level. and will continue to change, as our minds themselves expand.
As yugioh cards come and go, so do the needs of the duelists. There are constantly new decks coming that change the entire game of yugioh into a new era. It is in these changes that before cards that have been taken out, are needed. This allows for free use and mastery of the new decks/cards. What was before considered an unfair use, is now a perfectly reasonable asset to a newly powered deck. Like the constitution of the united states, which is also subject to change, as people and our needs as a country do. Yugioh and it's rulings are also at the mercy of ever changeing duelists and cards.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm

After Siax was done, and examiner picked up his paper and handed him another paper with the number of the arena on it. It was arena number 10.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Walks down to the arenas and walks along them until he finds dueling area marked "10" Shado emerges from his card and floats beside him. "Saix, do you remember what i told you?" "Yes... i can't use more than 2 of the spawns of abyss..." but for some reason... i feel calm... and that i won't have to do something like that..." He waits by his arena in wait for the person he is supposed to duel.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 pm

A girl with long black hair wearing a modified version of the Black Avatar uniform walked over to the other side of the arena where Saix was at. Her eyes were red, as if she had been crying for a long time before coming here.

"My name is Selina Duskroot, and I will be the examiner today. I am not a teacher, but I do have the proper authority to test a potential student." She sniffs and wipes her eyes with one hand as she raises a black duel disk with a green outer edge that makes it look like thorns are coming out of it.

Last edited by Nothost on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Looks at the girl and seems the tears that fall from her eyes. he feels an extreme pain in his chest being in her very prescense. as if it was required, he asked her "Escuse me... but... are you ok?" his worlds flowed from his lips with the deepest feeling of sincerity to the dirl. he had yet to raise his duel disk. he just looked at the girl in a pain that she was crying... he had not caused it, yet it was a pain to his heart to even see it.
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Selina smiles sadly. "I won't get any better or worse if I just wait around. Let's get this over with. Duel!" (Selina Duskroot vs. Siax)
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

"Ladies first I suppose. I draw." She looks at her hand carefully for about 10 seconds.

"I summon Barrier Statue of the Inferno in attack mode. Now both players can only special summon FIRE monsters. I activate messenger of peace. Any monsters with 1500 attack or less can't attack now. I end my turn."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 pm

"I don't really feel all that good about this... but here goes.." Saix draws his first six cards and looks at them with a sense of security. "First, i'll Activate allure of darkness." He draws 2 "Now to remove one..." He looks at his hand and doesnt want to get rid of any of these cards really, but he must and chooses Brron, Mad Ruler of Dark World. "I now activate dark world dealings. We each draw one card and discard another.." draws his 1 card and discards grepha in return to the grave. "Now, grepha's effect takes place. I get to destroy one card... and i choose your spell.." The dark soul of grapha reaches out from the grave yard and shatters Selina's messenger of peace. "I Activate the field spell, dark world gate" The entire area, becomes coated inside the dark aura that is Dark World "Now, i summon barrier statue of the abyss. He gains 300 attack from my field spell.... Barrier, destroy her barrier." Saix's barrier monster unleashes a dark prescense that decays away the fire barrier. He looks at her and still sees the sadness on her face. It wasnt from what he was doing, it was as if she was already detached from the duel "I'm Sorry... but only darkness can exist.... And if you know it well enough... it can become your friend." Selina's life points drop to 7700. "I Set one card and end my turn."
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:29 pm

"My turn I draw." She glares at him.

"I will never let the darkness become my friend. I've worked hard to make sure that darkness doesn't take hold of this academy, and that morals would be kept in line. I summon UFO Turtle in attack mode. I attack your barrier statue of the Abyss (7900). I set two cards and end my turn."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 pm

"You say the darkness is bad... that is the perspective of someone who had an option outside it... Sometimes..." looks to his duel disk "It's all one has to turn to..." Saix Draws and looks at the card that brings his deck the most power, the strongest card he possesses. but then he looks at the girl and has lost all feeling toward what he drew. He wouldn't win under such a condition. "A weeping maiden... is not one i can raise my whole heart against..." He Summons fabled raven to the field in attack mode. "I use his effect and send... these two, to the grave" discards 2 cards then Draws a card due to discarding brow. "Now, i unleash the power of the gate of dark world..." Uses field to remove Broww from play and discards silva. "I bring forth, another soldier of Dark world... sillva" Silla is special summoned to the field after being discarded. Then activates call of the haunted, summing back barrier statue of the abyss. "It would be bad if that turtle called for reinforcements.... But before i continue. i return sillva to my hand to bring back the dragon god..." Returns Silva to hand for grepha. "Now... Raven, attack.." Raven charges his wings with dark energy and charges at the girl cutting down he life points. "Now... grapha... barrier... attack..." Grapha and barrier ready their attacks as Saix lowers his head in shame of the acts he commits against a sobbing lady. He turns away from the duel in disgust of his own self. "I can't do it... i don't know why but i can't do this to you..." Grapha and barrier fire their attacks at the girl reducing her life points to 2400 "I end..."
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 pm

"I draw. You disgust me. You just go over to the darkness because you've given up on everything else. Power isn't everything around here. I've seen the darkness in people before. And I continue to see it everyday. Although none of them directly claim that the darkness has taken them over." Silena sighs.

"You don't have to do anything more. I'll end it. I summon flame sprite in attack position, and attack Grepha."
(life, 0)

"Normally I wouldn't be able to say this, but if you pass a duel with that many life points in the dueling exam, you're at least guaranteed Amber or Green. Welcome to the Academy. Go to the front desk up there and wait for you test to be given back to you. You will then recieve your uniform, and a PDA, which will serve as a communicator while you stay at the academy. They will also tell you your room number."
Selina walks off.
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:00 pm

looks over at her as she walks away. "That... that there... is why i just can't stop my hate..." turns to her "Why does everyone do that!!? Power? i don't give a damn thing about it!! This is why i hate people... do you think the darkness is something i chose?! NO! it's because people turn their backs like that!! ..... If you're not going to offer someone a way out of the darkness... don't say a damn thing about it.. because then you just allow it to consume them..." Storms out of the room leaving behind a tear drop to the floor with every step, without going to the desk and makes his way to the roof of the building. he looks up at the sky and wonders why it is able to go from it's light.. to utter darkness... why does it change... but nothing changes for him....
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 pm

A few minutes later, a man in a black uniform come up carrying a strange device, a folded black uniform, and a piece of paper.

"I'm Professor Nerin. Since you only lost 100 life points and the duel and scored a 90 on the test, you are now in the highest dorm, Avatar black." He sets down the stuff next to Saix.

"Don't let what Selina says bother you that much. She's going through some really tough times right now. Her brother was kidnapped on this very island about a month ago. She's only been out of her room to eat and take classes; she's been trying to figure out any leads on what might have happened since then."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 pm

looks at the professor, then the things set down next to him. he thinks about what he was just told, but his hate just blinds his emotions at the moment "I'm sorry... i really am to how she must feel... but one thing i hate, is to be hated itself... especially when it's not my fault..." takes up his new belongings and prepares to decend from the roof "Hey... where do i go?" he turned his head back around to the professor waiting an answer
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:29 pm

"Room 202, you can't miss the dorms. It's a huge castle. By the way, watch out the Moral Security Squad. They all wear grey cloaks. Selina used to lead them, and it was a nice time when all they used to do was to make sure people followed the rules. But her brothers kidnapper made some really weird demands. In addition to asking for a lot of money, he asked her to step down from entering the National Tournament coming up, and from her position as leader of the MSS. Ever since she stepped down, the MSS has done what ever they want to do. They take money and cards from students, punish people on a whim, and sometimes during entrance exams, they put students they don't like into lower dorms. We've tried to stop this, but sadly really talented duelists are in that group, and the headmaster hasn't bothered to stop them."
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:37 pm

"I see... i'll head over there now... I don't really care how much power they think they have, they're scum.. and scum do not exist to me.." He opens the door and prepares to walk through down the stairs, but he halts in place for a moment to think about the ordeal that girl had gone through "If the person asked for such things they're greedy... and the position of a student organization is nothing someone normally would bother with...I think i'll go see her for a second... What room is she in?"
Back to top Go down
Nothost

Nothost

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 pm

"She's in room 412"
Back to top Go down
Saix

Saix

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Makes his way down from the main building and over to his dorm house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Fall Examinations 2"   "Fall Examinations 2" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Fall Examinations 2"
Page 1 of 1